Where to incorporate?

The funniest question – where do you incorporate your company if you’re hitting international markets?
I’m personally in Austria, and of course it seemingly makes sense to incorporate locally, but I’ve also found that Stripe Atlas provides incorporation in Delaware and generally heard different opinions on this topic – leaving aside the question of different tax stances of different governments. For me it doesn’t matter how high taxes are if the jurisdiction is appropriate and let’s you best serve the needs of your audience. Any opinions welcome

1 Like

A great topic and a great question. I’m following it.
This is something I want to learn more about.

I suppose in your case incorporating in Austria has a benefit: you will be physically near your bank. So in case of a problem, you can solve the problem relatively quickly :smiley_cat:

Yeah, but Stripe Atlas and Delaware are also kinda attractive. Especially if you’re planning to make stuff for US citizens. I have seen some critique about it though

but Stripe Atlas and Delaware are also kinda attractive. Especially if you’re planning to make stuff for US citizens

Yeah. And especially if you plan to raise VC money. The US a default country for VC-baked startups. Investors already have all the needed paperwork done.

Yeah, and I think YCombinator asks you to incorporate in the US directly if you’re backed by them? Was just filling out a late application and they mention that right in the application form

I’ve asked your question in a YC community and here is what I’ve got: