Do you know what Apdex is?

I’m building uptime monitoring service.
Lots of competitors has such index as “apdex”. I haven’t hear much about it, but as I understand this is some kind of site performance index.

But the thing is: do people really to know that info? In my opinion this is kind of minor attribute. Almost everyone needs to know if their site is online and what the uptime is. Some people care about page loading speed. But apdex? seriosly?

What do you guys think? Have you heard about it? Do you use it?

I stumbled this index when I was setting up monitoring for my customers’ custom domains but I did not pay much attention to it.

I just DuckDuckGo’ed it: “The resulting Apdex score is a numerical measure of user satisfaction with the performance of enterprise applications.”. I think I will start thinking about the index at a higher scale of my application. Today my website builder doesn’t bring much traffic (under 1,000,000 page views per month). This amount of requests is quite low and doesn’t affect the server much, therefore there are not many performance risks and no need in such a complicated performance monitoring.