Do you practice any form of meditation?

• I meditate daily.
  • I meditate sometimes.
  • I meditated once, felt nothing.
  • Never did this, wanna try.
  • I’m scared of such things.

0 voters

Does anyone have experience in meditation? Why are you doing this?

As for me, I went on 10 days Vipassana and learned how to meditate the hardcode way. Diving into this with zero meditating background was challenging, but instantly gave me the answer why and how.

Currently, I do not do any practice because I’m super bad at building habits. Building the meditation habit seemed to be an expecially tough one.

I tried to sit and just do not do anything. This turned out to be harder than I thought.
At the end of my 5 min session, I felt nothing. Literally zero effect.

May be I was doing it in a wrong way? :thinking:

2 conditions should be met:

1. You sit comfortably on a wooden chair, but you are not too relaxed and not too tense. Your back should be vertical and should not lean on anything.
    This will help you to avoid falling asleep.
  2. You should ignore the thoughts that fly into your head. Do not count, do not do mantas, do not control your breathing, and ignore everything comes up in your brain. Just ignore it and do not think.
    This is super hard at the beginning. It requires skill that is gained when you practice.

Why do not you try again and tell us what you feel? :slight_smile:

I do meditate every day 10 minutes before I start working

Every day! I formed the habit and I maintain it.

Meditation does not mean sitting still, it means “observing your mind”

My best advice here is:
1.) Download the app CALM (the subscription is worth the money!)
2.) Start with “how to meditate” 30 days program
its 10 min/day and the teacher educates you on how to meditate while you meditate. You learn all the techniques and hints and tips of a professional meditation teacher.

Form your habit like brushing your teeth (would you skip that?)

Benefits so far from my more than 270 days of daily meditation:

• 500% clarity
  • 500% focus
  • 500% productivity
  • Control of my emotions = less energy consumption in mission critical situations
  • developed more compassion & kindness for people that do not perform and finally people management is working much better
  • reduced stress
  • I can control my restlessness & impatience ( I am now much more patient person)
  • I build consistency with regular tasks / habits (never mastered it until I meditate)
  • less anger (when things go wrong) and I calm down
  • developed a practice to stay calm in heated situations
  • I am a better listener
  • I am a better person

One of my projects crashed and I felt in deep depression and toxic negative states of mind after being 13 years in that business

I had no chance but to fix that. And meditation and mindfulness were the tools.
And I am super grateful for that, otherwise I would have never developed these amazing skills.

And failure is part of entrepreneur’s journey.
Meditation is the tool to manage failure.

1 Like

Epic streak, bro. Keep it up!

Whoa. This is huge. Do you have a story? I would love to read!

will coming soon with content to failure and coming back stronger, currently working on that

Had to reconstruct my reality from zero and learned so much about how the mind works and how to control it, read >100 books around that topic.

Will share my knowledge … our game is not having success, our game is mastering failure… success comes by itself

1 Like