Hello, I'm Lucas from Belgium!

Hi guys, I’m Lucas from Liège. I found this community from Twitter.

I’m 29 years old. I had been working as a cook for the past 7 years. A few months ago I got tired of salads and decided to change my life. Now I’m a beginning UI designer :smile:

I joined this community because I’m interested in the startup industry. I wish will be able to build my own tech project in the future. But it is only a dream.

1 Like

Welcome to Broadwise, Lucas from Liège! :smile:

It is always inspiring to hear someone’s stories about quitting a comfortable life and moving towards new horizons. And it is never late to do a pivot! So good luck on your new way!

I’m wondering why did you choose UI design as your new specialty?

1 Like

Hey Alex! Nice to meet you.

It was not a comfortable life I must say. It did not feel like cooking is something I truly want to do. So my pivot was an easy choice :grinning:

I started doing UI design because I want always attracted by cool mobile apps like Calm, Uber, Airbnb, Spotify, Tinder. I just want to become a part of it and create such cool things too!

You do not need a huge amount of $ or learn how to code to build a tech product!
Say “hello” to the no-code movement: Does no-code have a big future?

:smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for this, Riku. The no-code movement sounds very promising. I’m gonna check it more!