How coronavirus affected your project?

Hey! I’m wondering how did coronavirus, the isolation, and the world economical crisis affected your project?

Are your sales up or down?
People now spend more time in front of their computers. Did this lead to userbase growth?
What niche and industries are you working in?

• I have too small data to see any difference :sweat_smile:
  • Coronavirus almost killed my project! :sob:
  • Corona gave my project a little growth downgrade.
  • The virus did not affect my project. Yet :grimacing:
  • My project is gaining 5-30% more users that regularly :slightly_smiling_face:
  • I’m experiencing huge growth! :sunglasses:

0 voters

Let me just guess that most online projects won from coronavirus.
While offline shops/cafes are almost dead -_-

My GF works in a local Netflix alternative (online video streaming). They are experiencing huge user growth these months. Online media and social media are also growing.

However, the rest of online business may not feel this well.
The world is in a crisis. The money flow is smaller nowadays. People stop to invest in new projects, the stop their ambitions. My project was affected too. People dropped their side-projects or new startups and focused on what brings money today. Therefore, Unicorn Platform got an increased churn.

Business owners also reduce costs by removing subscriptions. All non-crucial tools such as analytics, marketing automation, communication are to be canceled.

Freelancers and digital studios who create branding, ads, promo videos for offline business got a decreased demand too.

I think there is a simple formula for this: we live in a material world, thus digital is here only to serve the offline business. So if offline is drowning, the online is drowning too (with a delay).

However I always consider any crisis as additional obstacles. Like, imagine you play a game and the level went from medium to hard. Which means you still able to do stuff, but you need to provide more effort.

Especially when people say that here in Russia people have less and less money and they won’t buy things. On the one hand it’s true, on the other there are still plenty of wealthy people (I’ve just bought syrups for coffee, is it crucial necessity?) which can be your clients.

But I’m not absolutely optimistic person, I realize that some industries are big troubles, like travelling. There are literally no capabilities to sell tickets when the borders are closed

Hey people we’ve got a bourgeois here! Catch him! :smile:

… I realize that some industries are big troubles, like travelling. There are literally no capabilities to sell tickets when the borders are closed

Just FYI: Hari Krishna, the creator of https://visalist.io made this Coronavirus tracker and therefore kept the traffic of his travel-only website at a high level (and it is even growing as I can see).
This is what I call a true entrepreneurship talent.