How we grew our paying customers from 5 to 300+ in a week

Hi All :slight_smile:

I wanted to share with you our story of how we managed to grow our paying customers in a week for a product we just launched. I hope this will inspire you and help you in your growth plans.

At the beginning of this year, we launched a video editing platform called Piktostory. We planned our launch carefully and promoted it via different channels (paid and organic). While we managed to acquire over 3600 signups for it quite fast, getting our first paying customers proved to be more difficult.

After we launched pricing plans for Piktostory, we only got 5 paying customers. We initiated different marketing campaigns and things were still moving slow.

We had to think outside the box.

We brainstormed different ideas and looked for online communities that would potentially be interested in our product. Thatโ€™s how we came across a Facebook group LTDF. Itโ€™s a closed community of tech enthusiasts who are always looking for tools to increase their productivity or, in general, make their work easier.

We contacted them and did a coordinated live launch for their community on Facebook (prior to that we had to create a dedicated landing page, tracking system, payment mechanism, and a special deal). We answered tons of questions live, often stayed late at night to do that. We provided them with a public roadmap too so they knew what to expect in the near future.

And it paid off.

After just over a week, we managed to increase our paying customers from 5 to 320, and that number continued to quickly grow from then.

But more importantly, we received a lot of feedback on the product which helped us push it in the right direction.

I hope this will help you and prove that itโ€™s worth to experiment and test out the unusual growth paths :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any questions!
Gosia